Thursday, June 4, 2009

What I should be doing...


So,  I am sitting here blogging when I should be packing.  I just can't get motivated.  I would much rather watch my naked baby play in the sandbox.  Is that so wrong?  The weather is absolutely beautiful outside and I can't pull myself into the house to get my chores done. 

The big kids and I are leaving tomorrow after school to head to Grandpa's house (or Daddy as I prefer to call him, thankyouverymuch.  Yes, I am 32 years old and still call my dad Daddy.... AND?) for uncle Ryan's high school graduation and I have a ton of things to get done before we hit the road.  I haven't even begun to think about packing.  Partly because I really can't pack until I get this mountain of laundry finished and because I tend to be a bit of a procrastinator.  So, the washer and dryer are going now,  and I have managed to put my travel toothpaste and deodorant into a ziplock and that's about it.  It's pretty evident that the kids won't be of any help packing since I have been waiting for 3 days for them to bring me their Gameboys and chargers so I can pack them.  Oh well.  I'll some how get it all done.  I always do.  And sometimes without forgetting something, although not very often.
My Dad, along with much of my family, live in Winfield, a very small town in east Texas.  Some of my most favorite memories as a child have to do with this place, whether it be at my grandparents farm for holidays or walking along the railroad tracks with my cousins.  I love being there, I always have.  It's not exciting there.  There's really nothing to do there.  You have to drive a good distance to even get to a grocery store.  There are no traffic lights and only a handful of stop signs.  But it is home.  This is probably the only place that I feel like I can relax.  There is no traffic and no one rushes around, you just get there when you get there.  I love the change of pace.  It is so nice to slow down and just ..... enjoy. 
 All of this talk of home has made me want to get my rear in gear.  I need to go pack people!  Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Don't you just love the simple life of home. My parents live in a little town in east Texas called Colmesneil and there is nothing there but it is so great!

Have a great trip and be safe....