Friday, June 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Warning:  the following post contains a ridiculous amount of pictures.  Please view (and enjoy) this blog at your own risk!

Well, we are back from Grandpa's house.  We were so sad to have to leave so soon but glad to be back home with Kris and Andrew.  It was a short but jam-packed-full-of-fun weekend!  After finally getting packed and hitting the road on Friday we arrived at around 5:30, having only forgotten my swimsuit (I told you all I always forget something).  No worries, I ended up not needing it anyway! 
After visiting at the house for a while we headed off (with gameboys in tow) to the graduation at Ryan's high school football field.   The graduates entered the stadium to their senior class song and sat mid-field.  

We heard the class president and the valedictorian give motivating speeches to their peers before they all leave the safety of Mt. Pleasant High School and set forth into the "real world".   Sitting there in the bleachers we watched the baby of our family cross the 50 yard line stage into adulthood.  

To say that we are all proud is an understatement.  Way to go Ryan!!!

Ryan and Daddy
The four of us "kids".  Me, Leslie, Robert and Ryan

On Saturday we all went to lunch at a little Italian restaurant called Luigi's.  Now, I am not a huge fan of Italian food but this place is wonderful.  At Leslie's recommendation I had the cannelloni with beef and spinach and it was to die for.  As I was looking over the menu before ordering I noticed my weakness on the dessert menu. Cheesecake, key lime cheesecake to be exact!  So after a delicious lunch we ordered some cheesecake and the tiramisu, which I think Hannah had more of than anyone else did!  
Once our bellies were full we headed back to grandpa's house.  Aunt Leslie headed to Longview to spend the rest of the weekend with a friend and the rest of us headed to the backyard for a good ole' water balloon fight!  Uncle Ryan, Uncle Robert, Aunt Honey, Hannah and Ethan had fun getting soaked while Grandpa and I had the task of filling the balloons.  

What a fun day!!

On Sunday before we headed home Grandpa, Uncle Robert and I got up early and took the kids fishing at a lake in the backyard of a friend of my dad's.   It was absolutely beautiful out there.  I could have sat on that deck with my feet in the water all day long!

 It was Hannah and Ethan's first time fishing and you could definitely tell!  We weren't able to find many worms to use as bait so we ended up using some fajita meat that we had at the house, which worked out great.  The kids wouldn't help bait the hook so I certainly don't need to tell you that they refused to take the fish off of the hook!  They did however each reluctantly hold a fish, pose for a picture and toss it back into the water!  It was so much fun and Ethan especially enjoyed it.

This is Hannah with Gracie and Blue, the "owners" of the lake.  They swam while we fished!
What a great morning!

Before I wrap it up I have to share some pictures of my dad's garden.  I was shocked at how much he has growing out there.  I hope everyone in town likes tomatoes!  Aside from all of the tomatoes, he has cucumbers, corn, watermelon and...... I know I am forgetting something.  Oh, and he has a cute little fig tree!

This is one of those hangy-upside-down-tomato-grower-things.  They really work, see!!

Here is that cute little fig tree!

Oh, and here's something else that's growing at my Dad's house

These 5 little bundles of furry goodness are about a week old and Mama cat has decided that the barbeque grill makes a good and safe nursery!

Whew, I think that's about it.  The ride home was uneventful and we actually all made it to bed early for once!

If you are still with me after this massive post,  have a great weekend!!
Post a Comment