Monday, February 2, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Here are some things that I did not do this week:


I did not catch Andrew standing on the kitchen counter taking his own temperature. And, I most certainly did not stop to take a picture of him up there rather than getting him down to safety! That would probably be considered irresponsible parenting!






I did not sit back and curiously watch Hannah cut the heads off of people in magazines as I was helping Ethan with a Cub Scout project. I also did not have to ask her to repeat herself when I heard her say to the people in the magazine "if I know you, I'm cuttin' your head off!"

I then did not nervously wonder what in the heck she was thinking about when she then glued "the heads" to a poster board remnant and asked if she could hang it by her bed!!?? HUH? Then, I surely did not ask her if she would feel weird about "the heads" watching her sleep!!



I did not get a little disappointed when I got in my car, after Kris was nice enough to take it to the car wash, and realized that he didn't have them put air freshener in it. It did not bother me at all because that is not my favorite part of having a clean car or anything! I do not like getting into a freshly washed and vacuumed car and having it smell like a new car, or warm apple pie, or clean cotton sheets, or yummy vanilla. I really just prefer to get into my clean car and still be able to smell stale chicken nuggets, dirty feet and poopy diapers!

While Andrew was sick earlier in the week and couldn't have milk I did not allow him to drink nearly a pitcher full of sweet tea just to attempt to keep him hydrated. He did not tell me "no" when I offered him water or juice and he didn't keep dragging me to the fridge for more tea. We all know that caffeine and toddlers is a No-No!!!

So, what are some things that you did not do this week?


1 comment:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I love the smell of a clean vehicle as well, although I am not sure if I can remember it!! Happy Monday.