Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cupcakes ...... for Dinner!


Really,  I served my kids cupcakes for dinner and you should to!   Okay, so before you think what I know you are thinking...."what a terrible mom.... cupcakes..... dinner......bad..." and so on and so forth, let me explain.   Yes, we had cupcakes for dinner but they weren't made of cake.  They were made of ...... are you ready?.......wait for it.....................Meatloaf!  Yep, meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting!  Weird?  Yes.  Crazy?  Maybe.  But they were a hit.  They devoured them.  They ate their whole dinner and then some.  I didn't have to beg, argue or bribe.  I got to sit and eat a nice quiet dinner with my children and they were happy.  It's all in the presentation! My kids have always liked meatloaf but they loved the cupcakes.  I will never make meat...loaf again.  



If you are interested in the recipe here ya go (although I wouldn't call it a recipe since there's not much to it)!

  • Preheat oven to 350*
  • Mix up your meatloaf as you normally would.
  • Place meat mixture in greased muffin tins, filling each to the top, and bake until brown and shrunken away from the sides, about 20-25 minutes. 
  • Remove from oven and place on plate
  • Spoon a generous amount of mashed potatoes on top of cupcake and spread.
  • Garnish with whatever you choose. (chives, paprika, oregano, etc.)
Bon Appétit

1 comment:

Dana said...

If it wasn't official before, let me make it so now. You are the most ingenious person I know. Even on my most creative day could I come up with parenting gold like this. You are my hero.