Friday, October 15, 2010

When life gives you lemons..........



Make Lemonade!

That's exactly what Hannah and some of her friends did this past Monday. They decided to make the most of their day off of school and learn the value of hard work by setting up a lemonade and cookie stand!


I have to say I wasn't too optimistic. Truthfully, I wasn't sure they'd even break even. Well, I was proven wrong pretty quickly when barely and hour after they opened I got a phone call that they were out of cookies! So, I spent the next 4 hours running back and forth from the grocery store to the oven to the Lemonade stand keeping them stocked! Those girls gave me a run for my money I tell ya!

They had to be convinced to shut down for the night at around 6pm. They had a taste of success and they didn't want to quit!

The girls had such a great time and more than tripled their investment! Several of their friends came by and hung out and they even put some to work! They already have plans to do it again in a few weeks.

No comments: