Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Favorite!



Spring used to be my favorite season, even back when I was a little girl. I used to love sitting out on the porch on warm spring afternoons collecting roly poly bugs in an old butter dish! I still love Springtime but as I grow older I have really fallen for Fall. One of my favorite things in the world is to open up all of the windows in the house and to let Autumn in. I love seeing the curtains flutter around as the cool breeze floats through the house. And I really love flipping that switch on the A/C to OFF!


Another one of my favorite thing about Fall is CANDLES. These candles to be exact. Now, don't get me wrong I love candles in Winter, Spring and Summer too but there is just something different about candles in the Fall. The scents are so warm and welcoming and often times nostalgic. I love that my Pumpkin Patch candle sends me right back to my Mamaw's kitchen when I was no more than 5 years old.



I just love the way a burning candle can change the atmosphere of my house. Sometimes a comforting scent is all it takes to calm me down! I don't know if any of you are like this but I don't like to burn a candle in a room that is messy. I feel like I am "wasting" the candle when I do that. I guess because I can't fully enjoy the candle because I'm to busy stressing over the messy room! I know.... weird. But I have been known to quickly pick up the living room or the kitchen just so I can light my favorite candle ;)

What is your Friday Favorite?

No comments: