Saturday, August 16, 2014

The truth about Pinterest

      I know I'm not the only one obsessed with Pinterest.  I know this because every time I log on, my feed is flooded with new Pins, and this is where it all starts... On more than one occasion I have found myself sucked into the Pinterest vortex, when all I intended on doing was finding a quick recipe, or looking up the author of that book I was going to download.  The next thing I know an hour -or more- has passed and I'm late for the carpool line at Andrew's school.   Dang it, not again.  I pin and pin.  And pin and pin. And, well, you get it.  The point is, I pin a lot.  But last night, I came to the realization that I have never even gone back and looked at, or used, 99% of the things I have pinned.  Please tell me I'm not the only one.  I mean, let's be honest; when am I ever going to have the time to make a giant holiday wreath made of a hundred foam balls covered in yarn?  Or, manage to pull together one of those perfectly matched and accessorized outfits?  You know the ones I'm talking about.  Skinny jeans, riding boots, the big comfy sweater with coordinating scarf and the PERFECT "messy" bun!  Oh, and don't forget the statement necklace!  
Yeah, probably never gonna happen.




 I really do Pin with good intentions.  The problem is that I pin like I speed clean.  I shove it in a drawer, or in this case a board, and forget about it.  Because of this, I have decided that I am going to challenge myself to utilize ONE pin a week.  Yes, one.  I'm starting small here people.  Whether it be a new recipe, a craft or just a new cleaning tip.   I'm gonna admit, I have had my share of Pinterest fails, but since we're all friends here,  I'll check-in every couple of days so you all can see how things are going.  In the meantime, Happy Pinning and please come be my friend here and we can Pin together!

While you're waiting...... Enjoy

No comments: